Monday, February 1, 2010

ABOUT ME

In 2009, I won The Malice Domestic/St. Martin's Minotaur Best First Traditional Novel Competition for THE END GAME, to be released by St. Martin's Minotaur on April 27, 2010.

I grew up in Missouri, then came South to join the staff of the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. I researched and edited the columns of humorist Lewis Grizzard and co-wrote a news column with another reporter for three years.

Lewis became my mentor, and when he passed away, I joined the newspapers' Southern Task Force. As a reporter, I traveled the Tobacco Roads of Georgia, Virginia and Alabama, and the narrow, historic streets of New Orleans. I wrote about Natchez, Mississippi's unique history, Florida's diverse population, and the Outer Banks struggle to keep the Cape Hatteras light house from toppling into the sea. Also, I served on the National News Desk and on the City Desk's City Life section.

When I retired, I knew I would write crime fiction. I covered crime for the newspaper. Real crime is sordid, with no romance or redeeming features. Justice often doesn't prevail. Real people go back to miserable lives. In writing fictional crime, I can make the good guys winners and give the bad guys what they deserve.

In 2009 I signed a contract with Desert Breeze Publishing for two romance e-books: The Laura Kate Plantation Series, Book I, WHEN SERPENTS DIE (04/01) and Book II, HONORED DAUGHTERS (10/01). WAGON DOGS, Book III, will be released in October, 2010

www.gerrieferrisfinger.com

Gerrie

No comments:

Post a Comment