Saturday, May 1, 2010

BREAKFAST AT MALICE

Not exactly Breakfast at Tiffany's, but the coffee was hot at 7:30 in the morning and the fans were enthusiastic. A ballroom was set up with tables for ten, each with a new mystery author at the table.



The fruit was fresh and so were the authors when it came time to reveal the plots of their books, me included.



I don't know how I sounded. I'm a writer not a speaker, but the applause was nice.



Malice Domestic is a wonderful fan convention. Mystery readers are avid to know everything about your book, but, Oh, no spoilers, please!



I'm off to a panel to discuss "Ripped from the Headlines" about how newspapers, TV, and on-line programs influence your work. My novel centers around two missing little girls, abducted for the overseas slave trade. A very timely topic.



Must go now.



Gerrie

http://www.gerrieferrisfinger.com/