Friday, November 12, 2010

ME, BETSY AND BOOK CLUBS




I can't stress enough the power of book clubs. I appeared at the Rivermont Women's Book Club in Atlanta this week. The members were so excited to have a "real live author" talk about her book. Brunch and mimosas over, we settled down to a white glove grilling. These women, after all, are southerners.

Afterward, I signed copies of my book. At other clubs, members share books or get them from libraries, which is fine. As authors we're really looking to build our brand by word of mouth. But these women bought their own copies. If they had ebooks, I signed bookmarks for them. Such a great time.

Next day, the secretary of the club got in touch with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (a newspaper from which I retired) and they ran an item about me and the book club. The hits on my website went out the roof, just like when the AJC reviewed my book.

Libraries and book clubs - do them.

Gerrie Ferris Finger THE END GAME

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gerrie,

    Mimosas and eager readers sounds like a winning combination -- how did you and the various book clubs connect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends, people who read THE END GAME and wanted to feature it. I'm scheduled for three in December. I love to appear. No selling, just discussing books. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete